Every living person wants thick and healthy hair on their scalp as long as possible. Unfortunately, there are several factors in daily lives of people, especially those living in metropolitan cities, that doesn’t last their wish to stay long. Stressful lifestyle, poor nutrition, genes, are some of the common factors responsible for the increasing number of men suffering from hair loss. Therefore, try the following 10 quick and easy tips to curb that receding hairline and promote natural hair growth.
1. Neem paste
Neem is a herb that is widely used to curb various infections as it has antibacterial properties. Hence, hair loss due to a scalp infection can be cured with neem. Crush some neem leaves and add few drops of olive oil and honey. Fold the mixture into a paste and apply it on the scalp.
2. Green tea
One can also try massaging the scalp with green tea to control hair fall. In a cup of boiling water, soak 2 tea bags. Cool it and then pour it on the scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off.
3. Onion juice
If the cause of hair loss is a scalp infection, then applying onion juice is an effective remedy. Rich in antibacterial properties and sulphur, onion juice improves blood circulation to the scalp and promote hair growth. This works by controlling hair fall and stimulating the hair follicles. Simply grind the onion in a mixer and extract the juice. After this, apply the onion juice on the scalp and leave it for half an hour and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
4. Garlic juice
Although not widely used as a cure for hair fall, garlic is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, zinc and calcium. All these minerals are essential for hair growth. To use garlic, first one has to take out extract of garlic and then apply it directly on the scalp. It can be kept for a night and then the next morning washed off with a mild shampoo.
5. Amla juice
Amla juice exfoliates the scalp as it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. To reap its benefits, a person can either apply the amla juice on the scalp and hair or eat amla as a whole. Amla can reduce the chances of premature greying of the hair as well as hair loss. You can also make a paste by mixing amla powder and lemon juice and apply it on the scalp.
6. Lifestyle changes
The type of lifestyle a person is a leading factor that influences the texture of hair. Here are 5 lifestyle changes that a patient suffering from hair loss should consider.
- Quit smoking- Smoking doesn’t allow blood to reach the scalp properly. Reduced blood flow to the scalp restricts hair growth. Thus, quit smoking for better blood flow to the roots of the follicles.
- Massage the scalp- Massage the scalp with some essential oils for a couple of minutes. This activates the hair follicles.
- Have a balanced diet- A balanced diet encourages cell regeneration even on the scalp. An individual should include a wide variety of vegetables, whole grains, fruits, lean proteins, omega 3 fatty acids on a daily basis. Also, there are some particular vitamins and minerals that should be taken regularly. Drink lots of water too to make the hair strong.
- Destress yourself- Stress increases the tension on the head making the roots of the follicles weak. It can even trigger hair loss who have never suffered from it in the past. Some of the tips that can reduce stress are- exercising regularly, practicing yoga, meditating and listening to soothing music. It is equally important to sleep properly.
- Regular check-up with the doctor- In addition to hereditary factors, there can be some other medical conditions that can contribute to hair loss. Sometimes, the medicines taken for these diseases can cause loss of hair as a side-effect. Get yourself checked by the doctor to check if you are suffering from- diabetes, lichen planus, scalp psoriasis, lupus, eating disorders, celiac disease, iron deficiency, etc.
Several essentials can promote hair growth. Peppermint oil encourages hair growth while rosemary increases blood circulation on the scalp. Mix it with some carrier oils and apply it regularly for better hair growth.
8. Tips for Hair Care
The roots of hair follicles get weak due to constant twisting, twirling or pulling the hair tight. Therefore, when an individual is suffering from hair loss, they should be very gentle while brushing or styling the hair. Here are some tips to keep in mind for proper hair care, especially when suffering from hair loss.
- Avoid tight hairstyles such as braids, buns, cornrows, and pigtails
- Do not go for hot oil treatments
- Avoid perming or straightening the hair for the time being
- Do not use hot curling irons or straighteners
- Restrict bleaching the hair completely
9. Coconut milk
Coconut milk can reduce hair fall and promote hair growth as it is rich in minerals, proteins and healthy fats. Apparently, coconut milk makes the hair more lustrous and prevents it from breaking the scalp. Also, the milk is rich in antibacterial properties thereby, chances of infection is also very less. Take some milk and massage it on the scalp and till the tip of the hair. Wash it off with cold water and shampoo.
10. Aloe vera
Aloevera gel has a soothing effect on the scalp due to its ability to cure infection and inflammation. Mixing the aloevera gel along with coconut oil and applying it on the scalp can be very effective. You can also the gel directly on the hair.
When To See The Doctor?
The above remedies are effective for people suffering from mild hair loss. In case, a person is experiencing anyone of the following-
- Sudden large patches of hair loss
- Certain medicines such as blood thinners, depression drugs, heart medicines, etc. are causing hair loss
- Rashes on the skin
- Skin is scaly
There are some home remedies that an individual can try to make hair stronger and healthier. Also, these remedies do not incur any side effects making them more preferable. However, due to the fast-paced life, especially in the metro cities such as Gurgaon, people are short on time to try these remedies. Hence, they can try other hair transplant techniques available in various clinics where the results are fast and permanent.